Longarm Quilting Services
I would love to quilt your quilt for you! Please see below for more information on how we can work together.
How much do you charge for machine quilting?
The price varies depending on what level of quilting you want done. Edge to edge rates will generally fall into the categories below. Thread is included in the below costs. Batting, Binding, and any additional work is in addition to the quilting fees below.
Baby (36″x54″): $45-95
Lap (54″x72″): $85-170
Twin (68″x90″): $135-255
Full/Double (75″x90″): $150-290
Queen (90″x100″): $220-395
King (110″x110″): $285-515
What other fees do you have?
Batting: I will supply batting if you would like to purchase it from me.
Thread fees: I charge $3-5 a bobbin depending on the type of thread, and that was included in the quilting fee estimate above.
Binding: Starts at $0.15 an inch to sew supplied binding to the front of the quilt (You will finish attaching the binding to the back of the quilt)
Expedite Fee: Depends on time frame, starting at $25
Shipping Fee: I will charge the actual shipping cost to ship your quilt in a flat rate box through the USPS with tracking.
Additional Work: $30/hour, includes sewing together backing or any other prep work required to make your quilt ready to long arm.
– Your batting and backing must be at least 4″ larger than your quilt top on all sides.
– Trim all loose threads from the top and backing of your quilt.
– All seams on the quilt top and backing fabric should be pressed flat.
– Remove any pins, buttons, sequins, charms and other embellishments.
– Use one safety pin with a note that says “top” to mark the top of the quilt. If the backing is directional, do the same for the backing.
– For best results, the quilt top must lay flat. To check if the quilt top is flat, measure your quilt top across the top, bottom, and at the center. These three measurements should be the same. If not there is a possibility that there will be puckers in your finished quilt.
– Quilt top and backing must be brought in as separate layers.
What can I expect when I mail you a quilt?
I will notify you when I receive your quilt, and contact you to decide how to quilt it. Once we decide on a design, thread color, batting choice and anything else you want done I will send you an email confirming your choices and the invoice for the work. I require a 50% down payment when I start quilting. Final payment is due when your quilt is returned.
What type of thread do you use?
I prefer to use So Fine and Bottom Line from Superior. Both are very high quality threads designed for use with machine quilting. They blend well with the quilt and come in a wide variety of colors. If you would like 100% cotton thread, I can use that as well.
What forms of payment do you accept?
I accept paypal or credit card.
What type of environment do you quilt in?
I quilt in a smoke-free home.
A small sample of the edge to edge quilt designs I offer are below. If there is something you want that you don’t see, please tell me what you are looking for and I will work with you to find what you want.